Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sugarfree icecream


A big portion of icecream is just the best treat. I stumbled across this way of making icecream some time ago, and I was not convinced. But yesterday I desided to go for it (mainly because I did'nt want to go out to get some) and I must say it surprised me! The texture is super, and it is so rich and sweet. This version is with strawberry and chocolate and is enough for one big portion.
Step 1:
Roughly chop two bananas and put them in the freezer. I froze them in a small plastic bag, so that I could keep them separated (so they don't stick to each other) This will take 1 - 2 hours.

Step 2:
This is the fun part. Put the bananas in a blender (that can handle icecubes) and add the flavour of you're choice. I added a handful of frozen strawberries and a few bits of 70% chocolate. If you blend it straight away it might be a good idea to add some milk to get the right texture. But it can be left out if you are patient enough to wait for about ten minutes so the fruit will melt a bit and get more moisted.

Blend until smooth and delicious. And that is it!


For this chunky monkey inspired version, do step 1 as above.

Step 2:
Put the bananas in the blender and add two teaspoons of cocoa powder and a few of bits of 70% chocolate. Blend it (and again, add milk if the texture is'nt perfect) and garnish with roughly chopped walnuts and chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment