This is a super easy recipe, and the muffins works great as a supplement to salad and soup, or as a good addition to everyday lunch.
For the dough you'll need:
- 4 dl flour, I recommend 50/50 regular flour and wholemeal flour
- 1 dl muesli (plain without fruits)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 50 gr butter (soft but not melted)
- 2 dl low fat milk
- 2 dl cheese, I used mozzarella in small cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
Then add the filling you like, or follow my example:
- a couple of slices of ham
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 table spoons of pickled peppers
- a couple of leaves of basil, cut in small pieces
- 3 table spoons of black olives, sliced
When the muffins are done, let them rest for about five minutes before removing them from the tray (the cheese will be melted and not cooperative) and then let it cool of on a rack. And done!